EU Aid Volunteers - project partner search tool
This online tool aims to help you identify potential projects partners in the framework of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
The objective of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative is to contribute to strengthening the Union's capacity to provide needs-based humanitarian aid aimed at preserving life, preventing and alleviating human suffering and maintaining human dignity and to strengthening the capacity and resilience of vulnerable or disaster-affected communities in third countries, particularly by means of disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction and by enhancing the link between relief, rehabilitation and development. This objective shall be achieved through the added value of joint contributions of EU Aid Volunteers, expressing the Union's values and solidarity with people in need and visibly promoting a sense of European citizenship.
The EU Aid Volunteers initiative shall carry out the following types of actions:
- development and maintenance of standards and procedures regarding candidate and EU Aid Volunteers
- development and maintenance of a certification mechanism for sending and hosting organisations
- identification and selection of candidate volunteers
- establishment of a training programme and support for training and apprenticeship placements
- establishment, maintenance and updating of a database of EU Aid Volunteers
- deployment of EU Aid Volunteers to support and complement humanitarian aid in third countries
- capacity building of hosting organisations
- technical assistance to sending organisations
- communication and awareness raising